Tuesday 13 September 2011

PIGMENTS!!

I wanted to try some pigment loose eyeshadows and I didn't want to pay stupid money for it so I got some of eBay. They were really cheap and they are good, well I think they are. They are Korean and are labelled Qiaoyan (I assume that's the brand??). They aren't the biggest pots but for the price they are great. I've got some pictures and swatches to post but the colours sometimes dont come off as they are in reality.



As you can see from the picture the pots aren't that big but they are quite full. I did have a bit of a problem getting some of the lids off and I have two colours that I couldn't swatch because I couldn't get them open.  The picture to the right is just to give you an idea about the size and look of the pigments. The top image is more the real colour of the pigment, the bottom one is much more pink than reality.


The three pictures below are the pigment colour ranges. The first one is all the colours and the other two are closer images of the colours so you can see them a little better.




Below this bit of text are the swatches of the colours. There aren't any names so here they are: 
The colours are nice, maybe a little glittery for everyday. The bright pink is kinda scary but I'd love to be brave enough to ware it. I love the pale colours, they would be great highlights and the browns are brilliant colours that I will defiantly be using for my next night out. 
The blues and the greens are nice but don't really suit me but I will give them a try. I cannot pull the black off because it's far to dark for me. I think I could get use out of most of these pigments and it's nice to have some variety to my collection. 



These two pigments are the ones that I couldn't open. I will swatch them when I can.
If anyone is looking to test out pigment use then I suggest the ebay pigments as a good cheap way to test if you like them.

1 comment: