Tuesday 13 September 2011

Everyday Makeup

So, this is the look that I wear on my eyes everyday for college and work. Hope this helps you discover your everyday look.

So, first up this is the look, the picture quality isn't great but hopefully it will give you an idea.

I applied this using a foundation brush that I  brought from Primark. This foundation brush is actually better than the brush that I got a superdrug, even if it is Primark.


Next up I applied concealer to the areas that I want to cover up, to my under eye and my eyelids. I apply it to my eyelids because I have veiny eyelids that look better when covered up.  I used Rimmel Match Perfection Concealor. It says that it's a skin tone adapting product that is also a 2 in 1 concealoer and highlighter. I have this in the sahde ivory which is 010. It comes in a tude that has a brush applicator attached but I till used the product on the back of my hand and applied it with a separate brush, also a brush from Primark. 


Newxt I applied my eyeshaow. This isn't essential to the look but I like a little colour on my lids. I used 3 shaodws for this look. First I applied MUA shade 17.  It's a matt colour, and it's a very light brown colour. It's barely visable on the lids but it does even the lids out and provides a great base for any other colours. I applied this with my fingers, just for quickness. 
 After I applied this all over the lid and up to the brow bone I took my eyeshadow quad from Avon. It's called colour trend and it's in the set Flirty Eyes: Bashful  Browns. the quad is made up of 4 cream shadows that would can create simple and dramatic looks. It comes in a round tube with a hidden compartment for a sponge applicator. I always find it best to apply cream shadows with my fingers so I've used the applicator for other powder shadows that I have. I used two colours from this quad. I used the first two colours that are cream and light brown. I took the cream colour and applied it to the inner corner of my eyes, just so they looked more awake and wider. I also applied a very sheer coat as a highlight below my brow bone. I used the brown to provide sheer colour to my lid. I just used this up to the cream and it gave my eyes some shimmer and a little bit more colour.

I added a little gloss to my lips just so they weren't nude but I didn't want to much colour. I used sally hansen's diamond 12 hrs lip treatment in the shade honeymoon. I applied a very sheer layer.  It's a good colour to make your lips a pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment